The Young Clergy Academy Intern Program is sponsored by the
North and South Georgia Conferences of the United Methodist Church, and General Board of Higher Education and Ministry. It's a program for those interested in exploring a call to ordained ministry in Georgia.
This 9 month paid internship - August 1 through April 30 - will allow selected interns to be immersed in a vocational ministry setting with intentional opportunities to deeply discern their call to clergy as a vocation with their specifically assigned mentor. Each ministry intern will develop leadership skills for effective ministry as they partner with clergy and laity in a local church.
Expectations and Qualifications
In order to provide the most beneficial ministry experience for our interns, it is expected that each intern applicant meet the following qualifications:
• Exploring a call to ordained ministry in the United Methodist Church
• A member of a South Georgia United Methodist Church or Wesley Foundation
• Willing to be challenged in areas of leadership, spiritual disciplines, self-
awareness, and understanding of ordained ministry
• Desire to represent Christ in daily life
• Experienced in Christian leadership
• Grant authorization to release information for a personal history evaluation
• Submit all application documents including reference checks and ministry
covenant on or before the established deadline
Our Young Clergy Academy Intern program is designed to be nine months:
• 15 days of Paid Time Off for the term of the Internship
• 25 hours per week working in the host church or other ministry setting
• Internship Program Orientation with Mentor Introductions
• Mid-Year overnight Retreat at Epworth By The Sea
• Internship Program Debriefing at Epworth By The Sea
• The 9 month stipend will be $9,000
• Housing will be provided, as necessary, by the host church
Please note: applications received after midnight on May 15 will not be considered.